Monday, May 4, 2009

Well I have waited a few days in the hopes that my entry will be much more exciting. Well, I should say my life will be much more exciting but we all know that ain't gonna happen. I did have a great weekend. I went to my godson's first communion,a birthday party and a wedding shower. I loved them all it is nice to see people happy, it allows you to remember the little things are the things that are important. This brings me to my next idea i am going to pick a topic or you can pick a topic and then i will write about what i think---challenge me. See what i think--you all know i have an opinion about everything- you just might know what it is... but I might surprise you. Today's topic
"The Little Things"...

What does that really mean? We have all heard don't sweat the small stuff or it is the little things that matter. So which is it no sweat or it all matters. I think it depends on what you call the little things. Is it truly the things you do everyday that after years of doing them become the little things in your day? I would say it is those little things ,everyday things. Those are the things you remember from your childhood and your life. yes i remember the day I was married(today actually 7 years ago) the day my children were born, but those are life changing moments. But what i remember from my life are the little things; when we used to visit my Grampie on Chittick Ave. He had this tiny little coin purse and he would give each one of us a quarter and we would walk down to the store and get a treat. I don't remember how old I was but a remember that change purse. The little things. I remember my sister buying my first pair of knee pads . They are rotting somewhere now, but i remember. I don't remember when Darren told me he loved me for the first time...but I remember when he told me it last.(10 min ago when he hung up the phone) the little things.
I know watching my children sleep is the my favorite time of my day. Not just because they are quiet and are not moving, cause that helps, but because in that moment they are totally innocent and are unaware that my every thought,breath and heart beat is for them.
So, I do think the small things are important because they will remember the fun and the play and all the good stuff. So, the next time you are ready to pull your hair out because the bathroom looks like a pool deck, remember what they look like asleep. The the floor won't look so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! it's my favorite time of day too. All the noise and spills and wrongs of the day are forgotten in an instance.

    Love the boys in your wig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alana! I haven't checked my email in a while! Ack! We'll and to my surprise I found this. What a wonderful thing this will be. I get to follow and help you any way I can on your journey. Just to let you know I write like I talk...long winded.. LOL! I love the thought that this is your " vacation". As for you topic today I must say that the little things in life sometimes are good and sometime more difficult. I think when you look at each situation it really depends on it. Maybe we should just look at all little things in life positively. If we can spin things around to say we have learnt something from it, then we only have hopes to grow from it. I must say my favourite time of the day is when the kids are asleep to. To hear their little sounds they make and to watch their peacefullness. I can just inhale every part of them. They too are my life! Okie dokie I won't write this one too long.

    Your are in my thoughts everyday..all of our love Johanna and Faith. Here are some xoxooxoxoxox' for you! :)

    ReplyDelete