Thursday, May 7, 2009

What actually happens....

A lot of peole have been asking about what happens when I go for chemo so I thought I would give ya the run down. I get an IV,then I have some saline put throught about 25 min. Then they give me two drugs for nausea via the drip takes abot 20 min, after those drugs the nurse manually pushes through the first two chemo drugs it takes about 20 min, then they give a third drug via the drip then another bag of saline another 15 min. So all in all it takes about an our and a half. Then I get to go home. I have a drug regimend that I have to follow for a few days after to help with the nausea but other then that no more drugs until next time.


Off I go to see if they are going to kill off my Izzie....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alana,

    I'm glad your first couple days have gone well. Love the pictures of the kids in your wig. Grace has been talking about the Hannah Montana wig all the time, I will make sure to show her the pictures.

    I've been thinking about you a lot lately and want you to know how much we are all supporting you and thinking about you. I never seem to catch you in the hall to chat...I'm always rushing around with my head cut off but want you to know that you are in our thoughts. You are a amazing person.

    We hope to see you at the benefit but understand if you can't make it. You will not believe the crazy get-ups Mike and I have. Pink bell bottoms, white go-go girl boots...we will definitely look hot. :-) I'm sure there will be lots of pictures.

    Love from all of us!
    -Angela, Mike, Grace & Abby

    ReplyDelete